Friday, September 8, 2023

I AM AN ARTIST

 I really enjoyed visiting the I AM AN ARTIST Facebook group, and many of the images made me even happier. While there are a few works in more unusual media (such as machine embroidery), the majority of the posted art can be described as either drawings or paintings. I found that the standard of work was quite high and there are tips in the comments. Some pieces obviously represents many hours of work, as well as a lifelong dedication to the improvement of the craft and I felt honored to be able to see it. A few works featured personal themes or subjects - such as portraits of pets or family members. When you post, you can reach out to other members to critique your work, but there is a strong emphasis on keeping this a safe space to share art. The group excels at being nurturing and supportive. It's proof positive that art and talent transcends all boundaries. Kudos to creator Liam Constable for fostering such an awesome community. 

Members: 1.2 million at the time of my visit. 

Trigger Warnings: None. 

Go here to visit or join. 

No comments:

Post a Comment