Saturday, March 13, 2010

1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die

It's been a while since I've featured a reading related group. Having painstakingly gone through the list, I've decided I am not going to own up to how little of its contents I have actually read in the good old-fashioned book form. What I can say, is that I did not regret reading a single one of those, so if that is anything to go by, the list definitely has merit. A few writers seem over-represented. Threads on the discussion board include 'Which one are you reading right now?', 'books that affected you deeply but aren't in the lise', 'How many have you read so far?' and 'Is your favorite book missing from this list?' There are also several links to sites that offer free e-books.

What's great about this group: It inspires you to expand your reading horizons.

Update (29 October 2023)
There is a Facebook page with the same name, which has 1,200 followers and can be found here. Also check out the page 1001 African Books to Read before you die. 

No comments:

Post a Comment