Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Glass of Wine Solves Everything

I have to confess that I don't drink wine. It gives me a headache, especially red wine. Having gotten that off my chest, this group really manages to bring home to me how much I am missing out on. With over 170,000 members and more than 700 threads on the discussion board, it is a fairly lively group. One particularly active thread, 'What are you drinking right now?' boasts 600 plus posts already, and if you're on a budget, you might want to look at the 'Cheap but good' recommendations. If you're feeling adventurous, you could cast your eye to 'lesser known varietals'. In an older thread, 'Which country makes the best wines and why?' the merits of wines from France, Italy, Australia, South Africa and many more are debated.

What's good about this group: There is a lot of information-sharing, many recommendations and the enthusiasm is truly contagious.

Update (29 October 2023)
This Facebook group does not exist anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment